Are you a fiction writer?
I’m so glad you’re here. If you’re a writer who has dreams of being an author, you’re in exactly the right place. If you just like telling stories, but aren’t sure if you’re a “real writer” this is the perfect place for you, too. And if you’re a writer who is struggling with doubts like these: ““I don’t think I’m a writer after all.” Or, “What was I thinking? This is impossible!” Or perhaps, “My day job isn’t really so bad …” you’re exactly where you need to be.
I love building stories. I like to let my imagination loose. I’ve been writing “books” since I was old enough to use crayons and a stapler to hold them together. Being an author isn’t something that I chose…it found me.
Tools for Your Writing Journey
Here, you’ll find a lot of great resources for your writing journey. Take a look at:
- Writing Wednesdays: every Wednesday I post a new fiction writing tips video on my YouTube channel. You’ll find advice and tips on everything from getting yourself organized, to writing efficiently to ignoring best-selling author advice and more.
- This free Weekly Goal Sheet has been useful for the many years I’ve worked as a professional writer/author (11 and counting!).
- Grab a copy of The 15-Minute Novelist: How to Write Your First Novel in Just 15 Minutes a Day for a more in-depth guide with how-to steps.
- Author Mentoring might be a good fit for you. I work with a very small number of writers who are on the cusp of becoming authors. Whether you’re a time-pressed professional working on your first book, a busy parent who has always dreamed of finishing a novel or are struggling in some other way to get your book finished, I will guide you step-by-step to the finish line.
- Classes and retreats: I hold writing and publishing classes and creative retreats as well as speak at writing conferences and other creative events. These will be posted as their available.
So many readers and students in my writing classes want to hold their very own novel in their hands. If that describes you, I’m happy to help you get to that place.
J.P. is an amazing teacher and writer…very friendly, inspiring and motivating.CLASS PARTICIPANT